Saturday 25 July 2009

What do YOU think of the ‘Boyfriend Look’?

So i was flipping through Cosmo the other day ( don’t even ask me why, they’ve completely gone haywire!) and noticed the article “7 Boyfriend Look to Borrow” in the ‘Fun Fearless Fashion’ area that I was shocked about, because frankly, I think the whole ‘boyfriend look’ is a little too bummy…for me at least. What do you think?

Seems as if Katie Holmes paved the way this new year for the ‘boyfriend look’ and sure, it looks cute on her. but then again almost everything looks good on these celebs. They’ve got the money to spend a grand on jeans, tops and accessories, not to mention hairstylists and makeup, so why would I even wanna attempt that when I know it won’t look even close to that?Katie Holmes ‘Boyfriend Jeans’

And the jeans are absolutely horrible. If this is the new style, I’m sticking to my oldies but goldies. It just makes me so mad sometimes that these magazines will print almost anything (probably because they’re running out of content). Cosmo didn’t print this exact image, but it was something close to it…they’ve had this one not long ago actually in their mag.

They also suggest a few items for the ‘boyfriend look’ such as a plaid scarf, a navy blue blazer, a pair of boyfriend jeans of course (can’t WAIT to try on my boyfriend’s jeans!), a stripped sweater, a tweed vest and a shrunken oxford. Yes, I’ll take those items please but I think I’ll wear them separately thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment